About Temecula Valley Wine Country
Almost every day, the elements wage a pleasant war in the Temecula Valley. At daybreak, Fog reigns, claiming The Valley with a shroud of eerie mist. The dawning Sun struggles throughout the morning to chase away the cottony blanket and bathe the rolling hills in his nourishing warmth. By early afternoon, the Pacific Ocean playfully joins the fray, sending her cooling salty breezes through the Rainbow Gap to protect The Valley from the desert heat that marshals over the surrounding inland regions. As the sun and sea sleepily retire, the Moon and her stellar battalion usurp the land, standing watch in the clear night air until the pre-dawn hours. Then, with quiet stealth, Fog sneaks his tendrils over the surrounding mountains to reclaim The Valley and begin the amicable conflict yet again.
The unique combination of cool, moist nights alternating with warm, dry days creates an ideal climate for growing the jewel of Temecula Valley: wine grapes. The combination is also perfect for a variety of enjoyable daytime activities, notably...
• Touring (and sampling the wines of) our unique and beautiful wineries
• Hot air ballooning
• Golfing, horseback riding, fishing, hiking, and more...
• Visiting historic Old Town Temecula
• Shopping, including the famous Old Town antique shops
And there's plenty to do in the evenings, including:
• Broadway shows at the Pechanga Performing Arts Center
• Dining in specialty wine country restaurants
• Trying your luck at the spectacular Pechanga Casino
• Spending the night in a Hotel, Wine Country Inn, or Bed and Breakfast
So come visit Temecula Valley. Experience for yourself the magical place whose name comes from the Luiseno Indian word meaning the "Land where the sun shines through the mist."